At Excel Scotland Ltd we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our Site is owned and operated by Excel Scotland Ltd whose registered and trading office is Miltonhill, Kinloss, Forres, Moray, IV36 2UA. Excel Scotland Ltd is a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC206771.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data:
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us)
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Information We Collect
In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information is detailed below:
Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website.
- Information that visitors provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information.
- Information provided to us when our visitors communicate with us electronically for any reason.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to give the owners of the website information about the visitors. Information such as what time of day they are coming to the website, and how long they spend on there.
Cookies can also be used to improve websites. For example, we may see that lots of visitors aren’t accessing a particular area on the website, so we could improve the website by making that information more prominent and easier to find.
We don‘t use many cookies, but the ones we would like to place on your computer are on this table, along with an explanation of what we would use them for:
If you would like to learn more about cookies, how they are used, which ones are on your computer and how to remove them, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also choose to opt out of Google Analytics tracking your website activity. To do this, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of Your Information
The information we collect is used for our own use in developing our website and also occasionally by advertisers on this site. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on other products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that you have expressed an interest in previously.
- We may use your data, or allow carefully selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider are likely to be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and, only by those means you provided consent for.
- We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and telephone or post with information, news and offers on our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties use then you will always have the option to object to such use.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
We use Office 365 for all correspondence through our contact form. If you wish to see any data you have sent us, then please contact us and we will forward this information to you. If you wish for any data to be removed, then please contact us and we will remove this.
Requesting Removal of Your Data
If at any time you wish to have your personal data removed, and wish to opt out of receiving information from us, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your data immediately.
What you need to know: Wood-burning Stoves
What three features are at the top of your shopping list for your new home? Judging by our builds over the past few years an educated guess would suggest
Celebrate with us
We’re in the mood to celebrate… and it has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day! This year, we’re extending our services into Aberdeenshire. So if you’re looking to self
What Our Clients Say
We have our dream house – built on time and on budget.Malcolm & Connie Middleton – Kerrigan.
All the help and guidance from this family business made the process feel personal and stress freeDavid & Irene – Fortriu
The attention to detail and quality of their work is second to noneDavid & Gail – The Boat House